Friday 24 May 2013

“I Don’t Want To Talk about Black This and White That” Says Zoe Saldana As She Covers the Premiere Issue of a+ Magazine

Zoe Saldana a+ magazine (7)

Zoe Saldana graces the cover of the first issue of a+ magazine.

The Star Trek actress chatted about her favorite topics – skin color and the controversy surrounding her casting as Nina Simone in an upcoming film about the singing legend’s life.


“Let me says this and this is all I’m going to say because the film isn’t even out yet…But [Nina] was one of the most amazing and essential experiences about my life so far.”

Zoe Saldana a+ magazine (8)
 
So when do we get to see the finished product? “The film is still is still in the editing process,” Zoe said. “Once it’s out I promise I will go there with people and discuss every angel of it…but for me it was a spiritual experience, and that’s what lingers in my heart.”


Daddy’s Girl: Cassie Gets Rebellious In a+ Magazine
“We waste too much time talking about the color of our skin,” she continued. “It’s just there, it’s beautiful.”

Zoe Saldana a+ magazine (10)


“My composition? I’m everything. I’m so many cultures, so many races. I’ve reached that place where I don’t want to talk about Black this and white that, them this and us that.”

“My mom raised us to see someone’s flaws or someone’s attributes, not the texture of their hair or the color of their skin and I’m not going to misrepresent that,” she added.

One topic Zoe stayed clear off was her recent comments that she may wind up raising kids with a woman because “that’s how androgynous I am!”

No comments: